Savers Credit


The federal government has devised a way to make saving for your future a little easier.

The Saver’s Credit is designed for lower and middle income individuals and families who want to contribute to a retirement plan. Within a designated income range, as an individual you can receive up to $1,000. As a jointly filing married couple you can receive up to $2,000. Workers have until April 2013 to contribute to their IRA in order to receive the credit. If your retirement plan is of the 401(k) variety, you can set up your contribution now through your employer and claim the credit next year.

Qualifying taxpayers can file Form 8880 (pdf) with their 2013 taxes. For more information on this credit, check out

About Dunia

Dunia Best Sinnreich is an Enrolled Agent, Music Composer and Performing Artist. She has made it her mission to help small businesses, individuals and artists achieve the financial goals that it takes to keep reaching greater heights.
This entry was posted in New Tax Law, Taxes and The Arts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *